Re: [linux-pm] Re: [PATH 1/1] Kexec jump - v2 - kexec jump

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Tue Aug 21 2007 - 09:50:31 EST

Hi!

> On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 12:26 +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > Ping... is there some next version?
> >
> > I'm stuck at the tools side currently. kexec-1.101 just won't load the
> > kernel properly, and kexec-testing from git does not know -j option. I
> > tried hand-patching it, but got lots of scary rejects.
> >
> > Is there chance for a patch against kexec-testing?
>
> I have some other work to do recently. So the next version will delay
> for some while. :(

Ok, I got it to work -- thanks a lot.

Yes, acpi=off is mandatory. Unfortunately, thinkpad x60 does not boot
with acpi=off (should we add another test to linux firmware kit?
Machines should still boot in acpi=off mode...). acpi=off noapic
nolapic nosmp makes it boot, and that in turn makes kjump work.

Screen is not refreshed on kjump back to original kernel, but I guess
that's to be expected. I did not play with framebuffer, yet.

Maybe it is time to move kjump functionality into -mm and
kexec-testing?

Pavel