Re: [linux-usb-devel] [4/4] 2.6.23-rc3: known regressions

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Aug 21 2007 - 23:36:06 EST

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Side note: after reverting 196705c9bb I can't get the mouse to skip any
> more on that mac mini. But since the bad behaviour wasn't 100% reliable to
> begin with, that's not really a guarantee of anything. Two out of three
> kids are off on camp this week, so that machine probably won't be getting
> a lot of testing ;/

Well, my one remaining child said today that "I got so much time on
webkinz today - yesterday the mouse locked up after five minutes".

Apparently it hadn't had the mouse lock up at all today.

So I really do believe that that 196705c9bb commit caused problems on
intel-only USB machines too ("ondemand" cpufreq governor, switching
between 1.0-1.66 Ghz using acpi-cpufreq: totally bog-standard in all
respects, in other words).

Linus