Re: RFC: drop support for gcc < 4.0

From: Jarek Poplawski
Date: Wed Aug 22 2007 - 05:14:53 EST

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 10:10:16AM +0200, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> On Aug 22 2007 10:08, Jarek Poplawski wrote:

> >> They always lag behind.
> >
> >Yes! Probably that's why they are so darn good!
>
> ISTR that even Ubuntu overtook Debian... what about Debian 4.x?

I'm glad with KNOPPIX 4.0 too. But, I hope we don't think about Debian
3.1 etc. for a new box & new installation!

Since I've found lynx or links plus some html tool is not enough (too
dangerous) to configure locally cups or samba (don't remember now,
it was around the beginning of Ubuntu), and there is X and probably
gnome necessary for this, and it wasn't like this with other distros,
I think Ubuntu's way of thinking is definitely too good for me...

Jarek P.

PS: this could look like some flame war, or something, so let's say
all (GPL2) Linux distros and all gcc versions are extremely nice!
(...at least not less nice than BSDs...)