Re: 2.6.22.1 Oops in put_nfs_open_context

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert
Date: Thu Aug 23 2007 - 05:41:58 EST

* Dr. David Alan Gilbert (linux@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> * Trond Myklebust (trond.myklebust@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> <snip>
>

> > > We did a list operation on an already-deleted list_head.
> > >
> > > That code has changed a lot between 2..22 and 2.6.23-rc2. Hopefully for the
> > > better, although I can't immediately find a commit in there which looks like
> > > it addresses this bug.
> >
> > I believe this fix should address it.
>
> OK, I've got 2.6.23-rc2 with that patch up and running on one of the
> boxes; we'll see how long it survives.

Hi Trond,
Just to confirm that the patch seems to have done the trick;
the machine in question has survived for a little over 2 weeks now
(which is probably a record for that machine).

Can you confirm whether that fix is actually in the latest 2.6.23 rc
or any of the 2.6.22 updates?

Thanks,

Dave
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha,68K| Happy \
\ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | MIPS,x86,ARM,SPARC,PPC & HPPA | In Hex /