Re: request for Linux kernel related project ideas

From: Clemens Koller
Date: Thu Aug 23 2007 - 08:00:30 EST

shaneed cm schrieb:
Hi,
This is a request for Linux kernel related project ideas.
I am Computer Science Engineering final year student. We have to do
a project of one year duration . I formed a group of two and we
decided to do a project in Linux kernel. Our interests are in Virtual
memory management, file system, process scheduling and load balancing
in Linux clusters. Last year we did a study of Linux's page
replacement mechanism. As I am not experienced as you people, please
suggest me some ideas.

Just for an example:
Checkout what filesystem / caching / scheduling policy is most
suitable for Solid State PATA/SATA Flashdisks and write / modify
a kernel scheduler to support it.

Regards,
--
Clemens Koller