Re: false positive in checkpatch.pl (complex macro values)

From: Mike Frysinger
Date: Fri Aug 24 2007 - 15:10:58 EST

On 8/24/07, Josef Sipek <jsipek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 09:24:17AM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > $ grep AUREON_DEVICE_DESC ./sound/pci/ice1712/aureon.h -A 5
> > #define AUREON_DEVICE_DESC "{Terratec,Aureon 5.1 Sky},"\
> > "{Terratec,Aureon 7.1 Space},"\
> > "{Terratec,Aureon 7.1 Universe}," \
> > "{AudioTrak,Prodigy 7.1}," \
> > "{AudioTrak,Prodigy 7.1 LT},"\
> > "{AudioTrak,Prodigy 7.1 XT},"
>
> This is a different thing. This is a long string, not a list of elements.
> IMO, this one shouldn't have given a warning regardless of whether or not
> the original case is valid.

i did point out that grepping the tree shows plenty of results ... if
this one is not satisfactory, you're free to grep to locate ones that
are

the code we're using is used to initialize a data structure ... you
can find similar things in:
./sound/ppc/tumbler.c
./sound/pci/emu10k1/p16v.c
./sound/pci/hda/patch_realtek.c