Re: [Tech-board-discuss] Re: [Ksummit-2007-discuss] Re: LinuxFoundation Technical Advisory Board Elections

From: Greg KH
Date: Fri Aug 24 2007 - 19:51:15 EST

On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 08:57:35AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 10:22:28PM -0500, Matt Mackall wrote:
> > >
> > > As I said; what's wrong with just using SPI membership? It's not like
> > > it is remotely hard for kernel hackers to gain membership in SPI. And
> > > somebody else takes care of the bureaucracy for you.
> >
> > Ahh, I didn't realize you were suggesting making -them- do the work
> > instead of just stealing their model. I suppose that could work,
> > provided no one finds being an SPI member objectionable and they'd
> > provide us with their member list.
>
> I currently object to becoming an SPI member due to a number of personal
> reasons at this point in time.

In private conversations, my previous objections were found to be
baseless and incorrect on my part, so I now withdraw my objection to
SPI. I really have no feeling about them one way or the other now,
although I would worry about their members only being the ones voting on
the TAB for no other reason than the bias toward one distro only at this
point in time.

thanks,

greg k-h