Re: PROBLEM : On a laptop Aopen 1556 or 1557 my integratedcard-reader doesn't work.

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Mon Aug 27 2007 - 03:57:28 EST

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 16:21:47 +0200 giggz <giggzounet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My mail is a little big. In order not to be blocked I try to attach it.
>
> Regards,
> Guillaume
>

> [bug_kernel.txt text/plain (29.5KB)]
>
> [1.] One line summary of the problem:
>
> On a laptop Aopen 1556 or 1557 my integrated card-reader doesn't work.

No responses, huh?

> [2.] Full description of the problem/report:
>
> The card-reader of my laptop (Aopen 1556 or 1557) has never work. I'm under Debian unstable, but I have tested others distros through live-cd and it doesn't work too.
>
> [3.] Keywords (i.e., modules, networking, kernel):
>
> kernel; card-reader; sd-card; pcmcia
>
> [4.] Kernel information
> [4.1.] Kernel version (from /proc/version):
>
> Linux version 2.6.22.2-1 (giggz@debian) (gcc version 4.1.3 20070718 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.2-14)) #1 PREEMPT Fri Aug 10 10:42:01 CEST 2007
>
> [4.2.] Kernel .config file:

I don't even know which subsystem is supposed to handle that device.
Perhaps someone can tell us. It's a Secure Digital card slot? I think the
MMC subsystem can handle some types SD cards, but not all?

Perhaps Pierre can clue us in?

You raised a bugzilla report for this, I believe?