Re: [TOMOYO 15/15] LSM expansion for TOMOYO Linux.

From: Tetsuo Handa
Date: Tue Aug 28 2007 - 06:39:32 EST

Hello.

Paul Moore wrote:
> > * post_recv_datagram is added in skb_recv_datagram.
>
> Can you explain to me why this is not possible using the existing
> security_socket_sock_rcv_skb() LSM hook?

socket_sock_rcv_skb() is a hook for enqueue time.
I want a hook for dequeue time, because what TOMOYO Linux is doing is
not "whether a socket created by foo is permitted to pick up
an incoming packet from specific address/port"
but "whether bar is permitted to pick up
an incoming packet from specific address/port".
At the time of enqueue, I can't know who will pick up that packet.

Same reason for socket_post_accept(). What TOMOYO Linux is doing is
not "whether a socket created by foo is permitted to accept
a connection request from specific address/port"
but "whether bar is permitted to accept
a connection request from specific address/port".
At the time of enqueue, I can't know who will pick up that request.