RE: regression of autofs for current git?

From: Ian Kent
Date: Wed Aug 29 2007 - 23:26:34 EST

On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 20:09 -0700, Hua Zhong wrote:
> I am in the process of bisecting now. It takes a while but the bad commit is
> between 2.6.22 and 13f9966b3ba5b45f47f2ea0eb0a90afceedfbb1f (June 28). I'll
> continue tomorrow.
>
> My system is FC4.
>
> autofs-4.1.4-26
> nfs-utils-1.0.7-13.FC4
>
> By the way, the particular autofs commit Andrian sent is innocent. It's
> something else.
>
> It will still take me about 10 reboots to bisect. If anyone has a patch for
> me to try, I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=75180df2ed467866ada839fe73cf7cc7d75c0a22

This (and it's related patches) may be the problem.
I can probably tell if you post your map or if you strace the automount
process managing the a problem mount point and look for mount returning
EBUSY when it should succeed.