Re: hda: set_drive_speed_status: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekCompleteError }

From: John Sigler
Date: Thu Aug 30 2007 - 04:17:42 EST

Alan Cox wrote:

John Sigler wrote:

Standards:
Likely used: 1

Prehistory

The tragic bit is that we were sold similar DOMs in 2007...
(It's probably time to change suppliers?)

LBA, IORDY not likely

No DMA, nothing above PIO2

OK. (Grumble)

Buffer type: 0002: dual port, multi-sector
Buffer size: 1.0kB bytes avail on r/w long: 4
Cannot perform double-word IO

Can't even do double word I/O

Double word is 32 bits, right? Isn't "Cannot perform double-word IO" in contradiction with the following statements?

IO_support = 1 (32-bit)

Buffer size: 1.0kB bytes avail on r/w long: 4

(Assuming an 8-bit byte, 4 bytes = 32 bits)

The messages with old IDE should be harmless and the current libata IDE
should drive it politely (I debugged a problem the same hardware showed
up for someone else).

When you say "the current libata IDE" do you mean PATA_VIA (in my case)?
I've avoided this driver because it is marked EXPERIMENTAL. Would there be any benefit in using it over the legacy ATA/MFM/RLL driver?

Basically your dinosaur is working correctly.

What do the warnings mean? :-)

Regards.