Re: resume failing on ATA controller

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Thu Aug 30 2007 - 20:29:39 EST

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 06:29:48PM +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:

(I've already mentioned this to Dave, but for the benefit of anyone
else)

> I also know someone running the same laptop using drivers/ide drivers
> whose suspend/resume works properly....
>
> I'm running the latest Fedora rawhide kernel based on -rc3-git7

libata doesn't enable ACPI support by default. It needs the libata_acpi
option enabled at boottime (libata.libata_acpi?) in order to execute the
ACPI methods that HPs seem to need to resume properly. With that change,
mine works fine.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx