Re: maturity and status and attributes, oh my!

From: Robert P. J. Day
Date: Sat Sep 01 2007 - 14:18:44 EST

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Sep 2007, Dave Jones wrote:

> > People just don't care about how mature an option is if they need
> > a driver/feature. *No-one* is going to come across options and
> > think "Oh, the driver for my network card isn't stable. Guess I'll
> > not enable it". And the idea of hiding the options behind multiple
> > levels of maturity options sounds completely batshit.

by the way and just for the record, dave, you have the above
completely backwards. the default for what you would be allowed to
select or deselect would be *everything*. what this whole maturity
level thing would allow you to do is selectively *deselect* (or
*filter*) what is displayed. in short, if you do nothing, you see no
effect.

so i don't mind folks criticizing the proposal. but it sure would be
nice if they understood what they were criticising, know what i mean?

rday