Re: [OT] good job guys with the anti-spam !

From: Björn Steinbrink
Date: Sat Sep 01 2007 - 20:39:22 EST

On 2007.09.02 02:36:18 +0200, Oleg Verych wrote:
> * Tue, 31 Jul 2007 23:40:11 +0200
> >
> []
> > eventhough people often write only when they have something to complain
> > about, I for once would like to congratulate Matti and David, our mail
> > admins, for the wonderful job they've done with the spams lately. This
> > month, I might have seen maybe one or two instead of perhaps 30 per day
> > earlier. While it did not bother me that much earlier, I can say that
> > the list is more pleasant to read every day, and I think that's great.
> >
> > Kudos guys !
> >
> > Willy
> >
> > PS: please do not start another one of those long useless threads from now on
> >

> Instead let me share an idea and see what will happen (if any).
> The mailing list policy:
>
> 1. sent mails must have in-reply-to (rfc2821 SHOULD) with valid, i.e.
> existing in archives, message-id;
>
> 2. otherwise sender gets response about creating new thread. Replying
> to that message will enable (1).

Ehrm, you want everyone who wants to start a new thread to:

- send an email
- await response from the mail server
- send the same email again as a reply to the first one

Did I get that right? If so, good luck running from anyone who doesn't
send his patch series as a bunch of replies to a 00/XX message.

Although it would likely be fun to see the next guy that sends a 600
emails patch bomb getting buried alive in "Please confirm that you want
to create a new thread" emails.

Björn