Re: Fwd: That whole "Linux stealing our code" thing

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Sat Sep 01 2007 - 22:01:08 EST

Constantine A. Murenin wrote:
Indeed, it's upsetting that people like Luis Rodriguez push for the
lawyers to be involved to (fight?) an open source project. Why, may I
ask?

Is it not self-evident? Legal review is the sane course of action, when legal issues are the bone of contention.

That said, Linux people are far more pragmatic than FSF people, and often disagree with the FSF. I would not take an FSF lawyer's word as Gospel.

Theo manages to confuse "Linux" and "FSF" quite often, but that's characteristic of his muddled thinking and inexperience.

Jeff