Re: Kernel 2.6.22.6 iPod conflict with PS/2 device.

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Wed Sep 05 2007 - 06:15:41 EST

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007, Satyam Sharma wrote:

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, Justin Piszcz wrote:

When I have an iPod attached via USB to an ABIT IC7-G board before it boots up
and let X start etc, the mouse (PS/2) does not function, but the keyboard
works OK.

GPM does not work either.

When I attach the iPod after the machine has booted up, everything is OK,
until the next reboot (with the iPod still attached via USB)

Interesting :-) And this happens reproducibly?

You see this on 2.6.22.6 right? It'll be useful if you could test latest
mainline -git (or -rc5). If you still find this problem, then often the
best way to hunt such bugs is to find a previous kernel where this did
*not* occur, and then git-bisect ...

Any idea why this happens?

CC'es added.

My guess is it will occur with all kernels, it is probably a motherboard
or IRQ issue and not kernel related. I have seen a few bugs over 5-6
years with these boards and this is another that can be added to the
list.

Justin.