Re: Hang in 2.6.23-rc5

From: Satyam Sharma
Date: Wed Sep 05 2007 - 17:49:20 EST

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007, Jean Delvare wrote:

> > On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 04:15:01AM +0530, Satyam Sharma wrote:
> > > That's my impression as well. That's way too core/busy a codepath to have
> > > a bug in. As I said earlier, almost anybody testing -rc5 is sure to hit
> > > this within a few hours (probably less)
> [...]
>
> (Satyam's estimation that everybody would hit the bug within an hour

... within a *few* hours, not "an" :-)

> doesn't match my experience, I had "only" 2 freezes in 60 hours or so.)

~10 people bothered to report this on LKML -- and there could easily have
been others who didn't, and simply switched to -rc4. And then many more
might've hit it, foudn this thread immediately (like you did), and hence
didn't report again ... so I still pretty much stand by what I'd said :-)
But in any case as you said it's fixed already so no bother.