Re: dynamically use the irqbalance

From: Dong_Wei
Date: Mon Sep 10 2007 - 21:08:22 EST

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 09:59:57 +0800
Dong_Wei <Dong_Wei@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, all.
I want to dynamically use irqbalance on X86 processor. My design
is like the following:
1) if we boot kernel with "noirqbalance", then irqbalance is
always disabled.
2) if we boot kernel without "noirqbalance", we can enable/disable irqbalance in runtime.

Hi,

kernel level irqbalance is not the right thing though (afaik it's in
feature-deprecation-schedule); please consider using the userland
irqbalancer instead (www.irqbalance.org). That also makes it entirely
easy to do what you want; since it's a daemon, starting and stopping it
follows standard Linux practice.

OK, I see. Maybe it's safe for me to run irqbalance using the userland.
Thanks a lot Arjan:)

Greetings,
Arjan van de Ven