Re: VM/VFS bug with large amount of memory and file systems?

From: Kyle Moffett
Date: Sun Sep 16 2007 - 03:24:34 EST

On Sep 15, 2007, at 07:19:01, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
On Sat, 2007-09-15 at 11:50 +0100, Anton Altaparmakov wrote:
I haven't word wrapped it at all. The lines appear as whole lines in Apple Mail (my email client). It must be your email client that is wrapping them...

Oddly, this line is still long in Andrew's reply but wrapped in yours. Must be some odd mailer interaction.

Actually Apple Mail.app sends format=flowed wrapped to 73 characters. So a wrapped line has a single space character right before each 'wrapping' newline. If your mail client supports format=flowed viewing and sends without format=flowed (like AKPM's mailer appears to), then it will properly unwrap the lines and resend without the wrapping. Mailers which *DONT* support format=flowed will see the wrapped version. Normally this is what you want but it's a PITA for patches and logfiles.

I believe with Mail.app if you attach a .txt file it will be unmangled and sent as "Content-Type: text/plain" and "Content- Disposition: inline", so most email-clients will display it as part of the message.

Cheers,
Kyle Moffett