Re: Wasting our Freedom

From: Jacob Meuser
Date: Tue Sep 18 2007 - 19:35:01 EST

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 08:56:47AM -0400, Theodore Tso wrote:

> all of the megabytes and megabhytes of flamewar is over these two
> lines:
>
> > * Copyright (c) 2006-2007 Nick Kossifidis <mickflemm@xxxxxxxxx>
> > * Copyright (c) 2007 Jiri Slaby <jirislaby@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Petty, isn't it? Let's just say it's b.s. like this which is why, 16
> years ago, I decided to work with Linux instead of BSD.

copyright assertion == claim of ownership, or posession.

posession is 9/10 of the law.

was it petty of UCB to claim copyrights over code USL claimed ownersip
of?

was it also petty of Novell to claim that they, and not SCO, owned
the copyright to UNIX?

sorry, but calling attribution claims of any sort "petty" is nothing
short of dangerous ignorance.

--
jakemsr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx