Re: X-freeze after clflush changes [Was: 2.6.23-rc6-mm1]

From: Jiri Slaby
Date: Fri Sep 21 2007 - 13:30:29 EST

On 09/21/2007 07:16 PM, Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 17:06:05 CDT, Matt Mackall said:
>> 2.6.23-rc3-mm1: solid lock on X shutdown (noticed when upgrading)
>> -rc4-mm1: solid lock on X shutdown, random solid locks about
>> once every four hours
>> -rc6-mm1: solid lock on X startup
>> +your patch: screen goes black, turns off and on a few times during
>> startup, can reboot with sysrq-b
>
> Hmm.. maybe I'm chasing a different bug manifested by the same patch. For me,
> it's been a solid lockup at X startup since -rc3-mm1, and this patch doesn't
> change matters.

This patch probably changes behaviour how the pages are queued on the list
somehow. Maybe it's insane to suggest everybody with similar problem to try
LIST_DEBUG, but just give it a try after having one of the patches applied ;).
(Or have you tried yet?)

regards,
--
Jiri Slaby (jirislaby@xxxxxxxxx)
Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University