Re: RFC: A revised timerfd API

From: Michael Kerrisk
Date: Sun Sep 23 2007 - 15:03:18 EST

Davide Libenzi wrote:
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007, Davide Libenzi wrote:

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007, Michael Kerrisk wrote:

I applied this patch against 2.6.27-rc7, and wired up the syscalls as shown
in the definitions below. When I ran the the program below, my system
immediately froze. Can you try it on your system please.
There's an hrtimer_init() missing in timerfd_create(). I'll refactor the patch.

There's the case of a timerfd_gettime return status when the timerfd has not been set yet (ie, soon after a timerfd_create), to handle.
Current way is to return an (itimerspec) { 0, 0 }. Ok?

Seems reasonable. In the analogous situation, the POSIX timers API returns a structure containing all zeros, at least on Linux.