Re: kernel Oops in ext3 code

From: Norbert Preining
Date: Fri Sep 28 2007 - 16:28:20 EST

Hi all,

On Fr, 28 Sep 2007, Mingming Cao wrote:
> i_block_alloc_info, it should be 0x14(20 bytes)...Are you running a
> vanilla 2.6.23-rc6?

Well yes, I add one patch for reducing the usb device resetting time,
but this was definitely not the problem, no usb device was attached.

> from the cache, so racing is not a issue there. Possible random memory
> corruption?

Could be could be. I would say since it is such a strange thing and
nobody has an idea we leave it for now, random memory corruption sounds
nice. If it occurs I can come back.

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@xxxxxxxx> Vienna University of Technology