Re: shutdown -h now, 2.6.23-rc8 & 9

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Tue Oct 02 2007 - 18:13:52 EST

Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings everybody;

After seeing a message indicating that rc8 no longer did a powerdown, I thought I'd check that since I needed to, my tv card wasn't even showing up in the lspci report. It was partially backed out of the pci slot, this case seems to encourage that.

I have rc8-git3 running on several machines, and I'm delighted to say that it powers down, reboots, and suspends to mem/disk without bothering to patch in suspend2. I saw the same message, but perhaps git3 had the fix, since machines go down correctly. I'm going to boot a laptop off CD and try the rc9 on that to see if the wireless issues I had to patch around are fixed as promised. If so I'll go to the newest kernel for power saving.

Indeed it went to the system halted message and just sat there. I hadn't yet booted to rc9 as amanda was running, so I did just a few minutes ago.

After the reboot to rc9, I ran a make xconfig again to check that the option was enabled, but it seems to have disappeared from the menus in xconfig.

Why was this removed? Or if moved, where to?

What? Was what removed?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>