Re: regression in 2.6.23-rc8 - power off failed: solved

From: Wolfgang Erig
Date: Mon Oct 08 2007 - 15:47:19 EST

On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 11:48:40AM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> Does your .config file have CONFIG_APM=y? Otherwise, that's your problem
> right there (since your old laptop doesn't appear to have ACPI.)

no CONFIG_APM and yes, this is my problem.
A very hard way to figure this out,
and too much noise. Sorry for this.

It is not the first time, I had to change my .config to maintain a
feature of the kernel after an upgrade. I think, you are aware of this
an I have no suggestion for improvement. Now this old laptop is
running perfectly again with the latest kernel.

Thankyou for this,
Wolfgang