sleepy linux 2.6.23-rc9

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Mon Oct 08 2007 - 18:05:35 EST

Hi!

I played with powertop a bit, and found a fairly interesting failure
mode. If I boot init=/bin/bash vga=1, I get ~2 wakeups a second, nice.

When I boot init=/bin/bash vga=791 (vesa framebuffer), most wakeups
are caused by cursor painting (I should fix that some day, I
guess). But... the cursor blinking does not even work properly!

It blinks at normal speed, then (randomly) it blinks slowly, then gets
back to normal speed, then inserts longer delay.

The effect is so nice that I thought about youtube ;-). Thinkpad
x60.. question is, how to debug it?

(config attached, I did all the stuff powertop told me to, and then some.)
Pavel