[GIT PULL] kbuild updates

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Wed Oct 10 2007 - 15:43:20 EST

Hi Linus.

This set of commits are the kbuild stuff that does not
conflict with the pending x86 merge. I have a few commits
awaiting the x86 merge and the pending X86_64 patches.
When both sets are in I will rebase the remaining commits
and drop you another mail.

In headlines:
o Moved Kai Germaschewski to CREDITS with his approval
o Removed some almost unused kconfig keywords and updated the users
o modpost complains if device id lists are unterminated
o Fixes so we can now build on cygwin (but not without a few issues)
o Save ARCH & CROSS_COMPILE

Other than that several small kbuild related things that the
shortlog explains.

Most of these commits has been in -mm. And the rest works for me
and has been on lkml.

Note: 2 commits adds trailing whitespaces - this is generated files
and I did not want to hand-edit generated files. (flex/bison stuff).

Please pull from:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sam/kbuild.git

Sam

CREDITS | 6 +
Documentation/kbuild/makefiles.txt | 9 +-
MAINTAINERS | 4 -
Makefile | 71 +-
arch/blackfin/Kconfig | 2 +-
arch/ia64/sn/kernel/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/ia64/sn/kernel/sn2/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/ia64/sn/pci/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/ia64/sn/pci/pcibr/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/powerpc/Kconfig.debug | 6 +-
arch/powerpc/platforms/Kconfig | 2 +-
drivers/input/misc/Kconfig | 2 +-
drivers/leds/Kconfig | 2 +-
drivers/telephony/Kconfig | 2 +-
include/linux/Kbuild | 3 -
scripts/Makefile.build | 27 +-
scripts/Makefile.clean | 2 +-
scripts/Makefile.lib | 10 +-
scripts/basic/Makefile | 8 +-
scripts/basic/docproc.c | 34 +-
scripts/checkkconfigsymbols.sh | 59 +
scripts/export_report.pl | 10 +-
scripts/gcc-version.sh | 8 +-
scripts/genksyms/Makefile | 8 +-
scripts/genksyms/keywords.c_shipped | 180 ++--
scripts/genksyms/keywords.gperf | 1 +
scripts/genksyms/lex.c_shipped | 1802 +++++++++++++++++++-----------
scripts/genksyms/parse.c_shipped | 2088 +++++++++++++++++++---------------
scripts/genksyms/parse.h_shipped | 159 ++--
scripts/genksyms/parse.y | 5 +-
scripts/kconfig/Makefile | 10 +-
scripts/kconfig/check.sh | 14 +
scripts/kconfig/lex.zconf.c_shipped | 25 +-
scripts/kconfig/mconf.c | 36 +-
scripts/kconfig/menu.c | 35 +-
scripts/kconfig/util.c | 13 +-
scripts/kconfig/zconf.gperf | 2 -
scripts/kconfig/zconf.hash.c_shipped | 220 ++--
scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c_shipped | 1406 +++++++++++++-----------
scripts/kconfig/zconf.y | 11 -
scripts/mkmakefile | 8 +-
scripts/mod/file2alias.c | 40 +-
scripts/mod/modpost.c | 6 +
scripts/mod/modpost.h | 4 +-
scripts/ver_linux | 9 +-

Adrian Bunk (4):
kbuild: fix export_report.pl
kbuild: call export_report from the Makefile
kconfig: syntax cleanup - drop support for "depends/requires/def_boolean"
include/linux/Kbuild: remove duplicate entries

Jan Beulich (1):
kconfig: tristate choices with mixed tristate and boolean values

Jesper Juhl (3):
kbuild: improve scripts/gcc-version.sh output a bit when called without args
kbuild: ver_linux fix glibc version print
kbuild: scripts/ver_linux : correct printing of binutils version

Kees Cook (1):
kbuild: make modpost detect unterminated device id lists

Matej Laitl (1):
kconfig/menuconfig: distinguish between selected-by-another options and comments

Mike Frysinger (1):
kbuild: clean Modules.symvers in external module dirs

Milton Miller (1):
kbuild: call make once for all targets when O=.. is used

Paolo 'Blaisorblade' Giarrusso (1):
kbuild: script to check for undefined Kconfig symbols

Petr Stetiar (1):
kbuild: fix segfault in modpost

Ram Pai (1):
kbuild: fix perl usage in export_report.pl

Randy Dunlap (1):
docproc: style & typo cleanups

Roland McGrath (1):
kbuild: pass -g to assembler under CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO

Sam Ravnborg (16):
kbuild: Use Elfnn_Half as replacement for Elfnn_Section
kbuild: check if we can link gettext not just compile
kbuild: fix genksyms Makefile
kbuild: __extension__ support in genksyms (fix unknown CRC warning)
kbuild: apply genksyms changes
ia64: fix sn to add include files using EXTRA_CFLAGS
kbuild: fix directory traversal bug
kconfig: make comments stand out in menuconfig
kconfig: fix segv fault in menuconfig
kbuild: fix infinite make recursion
kbuild: update _shipped files
kbuild: fix documentation in makefiles.txt
kbuild: kill EXTRA_ARFLAGS
kbuild: kill backward compatibility checks
kbuild: move Kai Germaschewski to CREDITS
kbuild: save ARCH & CROSS_COMPILE when building a kernel