Re: Syba 8-Port Serial Card Unidentified By Kernel

From: Chris Bergeron
Date: Thu Oct 11 2007 - 16:49:26 EST

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 01:02:12PM -0400, Chris Bergeron wrote:
One chip has "ITE IT8871F 0641-AYS ZF1M04L" written on it, and the other two have a stylized celtic knot looking "T" followed by "TG16C554CJG FTA6M-001 0620-B".

The 8871 is a single PCI parallel port, so certainly somehow they are
controlling the two serial to parallel chips through that pci parallel
port.

I included the diff of the files you had on your web page and the
originals founds in 2.4.20 (which is what they claim they replace).

I can't really tell if there is any code there to deal with their quad
uart chip or not.
I'll see if I can compile up the appropriate kernel and test it with that code to see if it includes something to drive the card then, for starters.

-- Chris