Re: static LSM objection

From: Kees Cook
Date: Fri Oct 12 2007 - 18:38:12 EST

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 02:42:27PM -0700, Kees Cook wrote:
> I just wanted to voice my opinion about the static LSM changes.

Through the magic of greylisting (thanks vger) and IRC, I've just had a
chat with Arjan and GregKH about this stuff. So, just to follow up for
people interested in watching me talk to myself:

- while an LSM must be compiled in, they are not mutually exclusive,
and the desired module can be selected at boot-time.

As such, I don't have any strong objections. It'd be nice for folks
doing LSM development to allow for a way for it to be modular, but I'll let
them fight for that. :)

Sorry for the noise,

-Kees

--