WANTED: kernel projects for CS students

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Sun Oct 14 2007 - 19:33:59 EST

The kernel newbies community often gets inquiries from CS students who
need a project for their studies and would like to do something with
the Linux kernel, but would also like their code to be useful to the
community afterwards.

In order to make it easier for them, I am trying to put together a
page with projects that:
- Are self contained enough that the students can implement the
project by themselves, since that is often a university requirement.
- Are self contained enough that Linux could merge the code (maybe
with additional changes) after the student has been working on it
for a few months.
- Are large enough to qualify as a student project, luckily there is
flexibility here since we get inquiries for anything from 6 week
projects to 6 month projects.

If you have ideas on what projects would be useful, please add them
to this page (or email me):

http://kernelnewbies.org/KernelProjects

thanks,

Rik