Re: Regression: 2.6.23-rc9 okay, 2.6.23.1 resume problems

From: Mark Lord
Date: Tue Oct 16 2007 - 18:11:00 EST

Mark Lord wrote:
Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
On Sunday, 14 October 2007 22:13, Mark Lord wrote:
Since upgrading to 2.6.23.1 from 2.6.23-rc9, resume-from-RAM has been misbehaving here.

It takes much (+5-7 seconds) longer to resume *sometimes*, but not all/most of the time.
And sometimes I get get flashing keyboard LEDs and have to hold the power button
in for a full hard reset.

With 2.6.23-rc8/rc9, no such troubles.

Difficult to reproduce, other than perhaps once a day.
Anybody want to fess up with a likely candidate?

Not really, but if you rule out all of the POWERPC and MIPS patches, there's
not much left ...

Yeah, I didn't see much there either.

I'll keep an eye on things over the next few days,
and post again if it persists.

I was using the powertop patches with -rc9, but not with 2.6.23.1.
Maybe they helped (???).

It still happens.