Re: Understanding lspci output

From: Martin Mares
Date: Wed Oct 17 2007 - 07:26:45 EST

Hello!

> I ran lspci -vvv on a system:
> http://linux.kernel.free.fr/halt/lspci.txt
>
> (I used lspci version 2.2.5 in case it matters.)
>
> But I'm having a hard time making sense of the output.
>
> 1. How many PCI buses are there in the system?

Two, just see the bus numbers of the devices. (However, there might be
additional buses with no devices present and in case these are connected
to a separate host bridge, they need not be visible.)

> 4. Does the system have a PCI-X bus?

Yes, the devices on bus 01 are PCI-X devices, so there is a PCI-X bus.

> 2. Do any of the PCI buses support 66 MHz operation?

Yes, PCI-X does.

> 3. Do any of the PCI slots support 64-bit data path?

This cannot be inferred from the lspci output -- there is no way how to
tell if a bus has physical slots or it exists only internally.

Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@xxxxxx> http://mj.ucw.cz/
hAS ANYONE SEEN MY cAPSLOCK KEY?