Re: arcmsr changelog differs from diffs

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Wed Oct 17 2007 - 18:34:56 EST

Björn Steinbrink wrote:
Hi Hans,

On 2007.10.17 12:41:11 +0200, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
Dear Björn,

Am Mittwoch, 17. Oktober 2007 02:53 schrieb Björn Steinbrink:
And then, if I may guess, James probably just noticed that there were
changes left and commited them (while they were now down to just the
whitespace change), without checking what changes were actually left (no
offense intended). At least I think that git wouldn't cripple the diff
if the changes that James checked in were not already whitespace-only at
the time he commited them, and the git history of his tree seems to
agree.
(*) Thanks for the clarification, Björn. What made me stumbling was the different orginators, while Jeff isn't known with catching attention by assimilating other peoples contributions.

I'm just guessing here, and certainly don't want to blame anyone, but
Jeff's original patch was from July, while the only date I can find for
Nick's commit is September 13th. So it was probably Nick who integrated
Jeff's changes into his commit

Correct.

It's also quite normal for the maintainer to grab a patch off the list, integrate/massage/change it, and then apply it himself.

Jeff