Re: [bug] ata subsystem related crash with latest -git

From: Mark Lord
Date: Wed Oct 17 2007 - 23:45:01 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007, David Miller wrote:
I believe that we have enough of a limited set of accessors to
sg->page that we can more aggressively encode things in the lower
bits.

I'm thinking of encoding the low two bits of sg->page as
follows:
Yes, that sounds sane.

It would be good to have something soon-ish.
This "dead at boot time" issue is impacting the general ability to test
patches against latest -git in time for the current merge window.

:)