Re: latest checkpatch

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Thu Oct 18 2007 - 19:16:52 EST

Avi Kivity <avi@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> This is more useful operating on an entire file, so the script can see
> all the context.
>
> A 'gcc -Windentation-contradicts-codeflow -Werror' would be nice.

I had a tool long ago on the Amiga which did exactly that. It double checked
that the indentation matched the code flow and flagged any differences.
It was a dumb tool -- not a full C parser; but worked just fine. I got
it from some free software floppy disk. Unfortunately I forgot the
name and was never able to find it again.

These days emacs can do it for me though, but doing it in batch would
be nicer.

-Andi