severe bug in 2.6.23+ kvm.git

From: Carsten Otte
Date: Fri Oct 19 2007 - 07:23:19 EST

Hi list,

we've experienced a severe bug in current kvm.git, that may have been introduced to the git tree quite recently around last weekend. 2.6.23 is broken, 2.6.23-rc8 works for us. The symptom is, that our operon kvm test machine shredders its hard disk content to a state that is not correctably by the file system checker. We use raid1 md mirrored ext3 file systems on 4 sata hard disks on it, and we've verified correct operation of the hardware via badblocks and memtest86.
The problem occurs even without kvm modules loaded, so the cause seems to be something that Avi pulled elsewhere. Did anyone else experience similar problems with the 2.6.23 based kvm tree? Does anyone have an idea about a possible cause, which would help us debugging it?

thanks,
Carsten