Re: tristate and bool not enogh for Kconfig anymore

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Sun Oct 21 2007 - 00:47:54 EST

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 21:17:00 +0200, Sam Ravnborg said:
> On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 02:42:38PM +0200, Henrik Carlqvist wrote:
> > I think there is a need for Kconfig to specify that a functionality could
> > be built as a module or not built at all.
>
> I assume
> depends on MODULES
>
> should do the trick.

Umm... I think that will work backwards, and give you CONFIG_FOO=y
if.f the kernel *supports* modules. What he needs is to be able to say
CONFIG_FOO=n or CONFIG_FOO=m, but *ban* CONFIG_FOO=y.

(At least, in my kernel, I have MODULES=y, and several other things
from init/Kconfig have 'depends on MODULES' and also end up 'y':

% zgrep MODULE /proc/config.gz
CONFIG_MODULES=y
CONFIG_MODULE_UNLOAD=y
CONFIG_MODULE_FORCE_UNLOAD=y