Re: [AppArmor 00/45] AppArmor security module overview

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Fri Oct 26 2007 - 10:41:36 EST

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 23:40:24 -0700
jjohansen@xxxxxxx wrote:

before going into the LSM / security side of things, I'd like to get
the VFS guys to look at your VFS interaction code.

In addition, I'd like to ask you to put a file in Documentation/
somewhere that describes what AppArmor is intended security protection
is (it's different from SELinux for sure for example); by having such a
document for each LSM user, end users and distros can make a more
informed decision which module suits their requirements... and it also
makes it possible to look at the implementation to see if it has gaps
to the intent, without getting into a pissing contest about which
security model is better; but unless the security goals are explicitly
described that's a trap that will keep coming back... so please spend
some time on getting a good description going here..

--
If you want to reach me at my work email, use arjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
visit http://www.lesswatts.org