RE: Is gcc thread-unsafe?

From: David Schwartz
Date: Fri Oct 26 2007 - 14:07:59 EST

> Well, yeah. I know what you mean. However, at this moment, some gcc
> developers are trying really hard not to be total d*ckheads about this
> issue, but get gcc fixed. Give us a chance.
>
> Andrew.

Can we get some kind of consensus that 'optimizations' that add writes to
any object that the programmer might have taken the address of are invalid
on any platform that supports memory protection? That seems like obvious
common sense to me.

And it has the advantage that it can't be language-lawyered. There is no
document that states the rational requirements of a compiler that's going to
support a memory protection model. So they can be anything rational people
think they should be.

DS