Re: VIA VT6307 OHCI version?

From: Krzysztof Halasa
Date: Mon Oct 29 2007 - 08:53:20 EST

Stefan Richter <stefanr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> This device is a somewhat buggy PCI card which somebody sent me after
> unsuccessful attempts to get it properly working under Linux. Among
> more serious trouble, ohci1394 reads a bogus maximum async payload (a
> zero value) from the BusOptions register during startup. This has
> occasionally been reported for some VT6306 in the past. I haven't
> really tested this card myself yet, it's currently stuck in a PC which I
> don't use anymore.

I see. I think you may be able to cure this problem with my program,
adding corrected values in addition to write to 0x11 should do the
trick. 93c46 is 16-bit, little-endian here. You'd have to divide the
addresses shown by the dump by 2 of course.
I'd make sure the values are ok before rebooting, there is some
possibility a badly corrupted EEPROM may prevent BIOS from starting.

I think I'd leave GUID (16-bit words at 0, 1, 2, 3) and PCI subsystem
IDs (words at 0xA and 0xB) unchanged, and for all other locations I'd
fill in the 6307 values.

Of course I don't know if the program will be able to write to VT6306,
so I'd test the broken card first.

> VT6306 CardBus card in my main PC:
> MMIO=[80000000-800007ff] Max Packet=[1024] IR/IT contexts=[4/8]
> ieee1394: Host added: ID:BUS[2-00:1023] GUID[00110600000041cc]

The difference is of course at 0x0E, not 0x1E. Maybe the byte at 0x0A
is 0x92 for 4 IR contents and 0xA2 for 8 contents. That would also
make sense wrt the broken 6306 as it has 0x00 there.
--
Krzysztof Halasa