2.6.24: (ACPI AC adapter) sending {proc,netlink,kobject}_event from -> resume method?

From: Andrey Borzenkov
Date: Tue Oct 30 2007 - 15:34:37 EST

Is it valid to send events from within ->resume device method? If not, what is
the proper way to notify user space about hardware changes during suspension?
Specifically it seems that new sysfs ACPI power supply interface sometimes
missing plugged in AC cord during suspend. I suspect that no event is
generated for this; I am not sure whether ACPI is required to generate such
events at all in this case.

I'll need some time to get reproducible case so I do not categorize this yet
as regression.

-andrey