Re: Huawei E220 and usb storage

From: Norbert Preining
Date: Wed Oct 31 2007 - 02:16:10 EST

On Di, 30 Okt 2007, Pete Zaitcev wrote:
> The difference with huaweiAktBbo.c seems that kernel uses a nonzero length.
> Can you try zero length with the kernel? It's the second argument to the last.

I tried with the git patch plus changing the penultimage argument from
0x1 to 0.

The switch of the modem is still not done automatically, but calling
huaweiAktBbo does effect the switch.

In my tests I did NOT reboot since usb-storage was compiled as module
(usbserial and option fix in the kernel). But I made sure that I loaded
the right (the module with the patched code) after removing the old one.

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@xxxxxxxx> Vienna University of Technology
Debian Developer <preining@xxxxxxxxxx> Debian TeX Group