asus-laptop module

From: Stephen Clark
Date: Thu Nov 01 2007 - 16:39:54 EST

Hi List,

When the asus-laptop module is loaded it automatically turns on my wireless led
light irregardless of the whether or not the my wireless is up or not. I had previously
been using the out of kernel asus-laptop module, which no longer compiles because of
missing some structure definition, Andreas Kempe had added a module parameter to
the out of tree version that let the module be loaded with the led off by passing
wled=0 as a parameter.

Can this be added to the in kernel version? Or the default for the wireless led be off
when loading the module?

Thanks,
Steve

--

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Ben Franklin)

"The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." (Thomas Jefferson)