Re: [2.6.24-rc1][BUG] Oops on battery removal

From: Rolf Eike Beer
Date: Fri Nov 02 2007 - 10:23:22 EST

Alexey Starikovskiy wrote:
> Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> > Alexey Starikovskiy wrote:

> >> How about this patch?
> >
> > Ehm, that is the same patch as before!
>
> Yes, sorry... Two patches in parallel -- not good.

Tested-by: Rolf Eike Beer <eike-kernel@xxxxxxxxx>

It makes the crash go away. But there is something weird going on. Before I
logged into X I did an "cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/*" and it showed the
battery as present with some (random?) values. Now I'm in X and everything
looks fine there (as in "not present").

Eike