Re: patch remove-broken-ptrace-special-case-code-from-file-mapping.patch queued to -stable tree

From: Duane Griffin
Date: Fri Nov 02 2007 - 13:52:38 EST

On 02/11/2007, Chuck Ebbert <cebbert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 11/02/2007 12:58 PM, Greg KH wrote:
> > Unless Nick really objects, and then I'll drop yours and use his, but I
> > don't think that Duane verified that his patch fixed the issue.
> >

> I put Nick's in Fedora, so it had better work... ;)

I've tested both patches, and they both fix the problem. So no
worries, either way :)

As Linus said, his patch does change the behaviour. I'm not qualified
to judge how risky that is, however I think that the change is an
improvement. In fact in my original bug report I suggested the old
behaviour could be considered buggy and the new behaviour might be
preferable.

Cheers,
Duane.

--
"I never could learn to drink that blood and call it wine" - Bob Dylan