[poll] Is the megafreeze development model broken?

From: ciol
Date: Wed Nov 07 2007 - 18:00:35 EST

Hi, I'd like to ask you a few questions:

* Do you like the way linux distributions integrate the kernel?

* Wouldn't you prefer they ship with the stable and still maintained 2.6.16.X, while providing optionally the latest kernel for those who want or just have a new hardware?

* Do you think the megafreeze development model [1] and the "I don't trust in upstream" development model are broken? (And why)

[1] http://www.modeemi.fi/~tuomov/b/archives/2007/03/03/T19_15_26/

(I'm going to ask this for several projects, not only the kernel)