Question about F_RDLCK and F_WRLCK on alpha

From: Oliver Falk
Date: Wed Nov 14 2007 - 16:03:24 EST

Hi!

Can someone explain me, why we have different define's for WRLCK and
RDLCK within alpha kernel headers:

Alpha system:

asm/fcntl.h:#define F_RDLCK 1
asm-generic/fcntl.h:#ifndef F_RDLCK
asm-generic/fcntl.h:#define F_RDLCK 0
bits/fcntl.h:#define F_RDLCK 1 /* Read lock. */

Intel system:

asm-generic/fcntl.h:#ifndef F_RDLCK
asm-generic/fcntl.h:#define F_RDLCK 0
bits/fcntl.h:#define F_RDLCK 0 /* Read lock. */

I would say F_RDLCK should better be 0 as in i386, but I also guess that
changing this would break many things, wouldn't it?

I don't want to tell you my (long) story, how I found that and why I was
searching for it :-(

(Jay, you know what I'm talkin' about, don't you?)

Well, maybe my kernel headers are just packaged up like crap!?

Best,
Oliver