RE: 2.6.23.1 - sata_mv (7042) hang with large file operations

From: Morrison, Tom
Date: Fri Nov 16 2007 - 12:10:56 EST

Mark,

I've ported the old sataMV driver (version 3.6) to the 2.6.23.1
kernel - and it works - no problems with a full mem=4000M (4Gig).

The only problem with this is that it is MUCH slower than the
sata_mv driver which - by this test - definitely has some
bug/dependency that gets broken when the physical memory
overlaps its memory I/O locations (and should be iomapped &
dma mapped to a separate space up in 0xC_xxxx_xxxx)...

Time to dig in and debug this driver! UGH!

Tom