Linux 2.6.23.8

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman
Date: Fri Nov 16 2007 - 13:41:23 EST

We (the -stable team) are announcing the release of the 2.6.23.8 kernel.
It contains a few serious security fixes, as well as a raft of other
bugfixes and stuff from the last 2.6.23.1 kernel release.

Wait, what happened to versions 2.6.23.2 - 7 you might ask? Well, they
too are released, and I'll be responding to this message with those
individual changelogs and diffs. They corrispond to the different patch
groups that I sent out for review of the stable tree in order to handle
the huge number of overall patches. This way, if problems occur, it
will be easier for people to track down where the regression might have
happened.

I'll also be replying to this message with a copy of the patch between
2.6.23.7 and 2.6.23.8

The updated 2.6.23.y git tree can be found at:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-2.6.23.y.git
and can be browsed at the normal kernel.org git web browser:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-2.6.23.y.git;a=summary

thanks,

greg k-h

--------

Makefile | 2 +-
kernel/exit.c | 3 +--
net/ipv4/tcp_input.c | 5 +++++

Summary of changes from v2.6.23.7 to v2.6.23.8

Greg Kroah-Hartman (1):
Linux 2.6.23.8

Ilpo Järvinen (1):
TCP: Make sure write_queue_from does not begin with NULL ptr (CVE-2007-5501)

Roland McGrath (1):
wait_task_stopped: Check p->exit_state instead of TASK_TRACED (CVE-2007-5500)