Re: RTL2831U kernel driver

From: Vic
Date: Thu Nov 22 2007 - 10:45:13 EST

> That would depend who wrote it.
>
> If they wrote it then yes it would be good to add that information and
> the GPLv3 and a note about the email permission to release.

They wrote it.

> Either way it would be good if a copy of the agreement email went
> (privately) to the Linux Foundation so its on record should there ever be
> questions, and possibly to Linus as well.

Well that's just fine - anyone care to tell me how to do that :-) I've
never been in this sort of position before...

> And thanks appear in order to Realtek.

Well yes. I've thanked them - but I'd also like to see them get some
community recognition. I see this as an important step...

> Wouldn't it possible to ask them to release it themselves to the lkml
> with proper attribution (and, as they see fit, with or without support) ?

I don't think it'd be wise to go down that path; I didn't even manage to
get a datasheet out of them (which is how this all started). They've sent
me the code, they've given permission to release it under the GPL - let's
just get on with disseminating it.

So - how to I submit it?

Vic.